Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this website and the products and services available through this website are subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by all these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time without notice. Accordingly, you should check this page regularly and review any changes. If at any time you do not agree to these terms and conditions in full, please do not use this website. We reserve the right to change services, refuse service, terminate accounts or access, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
All sales are final. We do not offer refunds or exchanges for incorrect purchases or change of mind once fabric has been cut. Please follow the care instructions as outlined in product description as we are unable to accept claims on fabrics which have been laundered incorrectly. The colour of fabrics as depicted online cannot be guaranteed by The Fabric Store due to variances beyond our control such as computer monitor settings. In the unlikely event that we have sent you the wrong fabric or you find that your fabric is faulty, we will replace the fabric at no charge or if we are unable to do this due to the product being unavailable we will refund both the fabric cost and the shipping fee (if applicable).
All claims on faulty items must be made within 21 days of purchase & proof of purchase must be provided. To make a claim please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By placing an order via this website you warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. You undertake to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the websites registration form/s. You undertake that you are the authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods you are ordering. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or if you are not the authorised user of the credit or debit card or we have reason to suspect such information is inaccurate or incomplete or the payment method unauthorised, we have the right to suspend or terminate your use of the website and refuse any and all current or future use of the website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details and password, and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us of any misuse or breach of security.
The colour of fabrics as depicted online cannot be guaranteed by The Fabric Store due to elements beyond our control such as variances in computer monitor settings. We will do our best to accurately describe our products, however if you are unsure whether the colour, weight, style, grain or pattern of any of our fabrics we strongly recommend to order a sample before purchasing. Fabric price for our online store is set separately from our physical stores, and may therefore differ from the in-store price. This is due to a number of factors including changing currency rates as well as handling & administrative costs. We do not offer refunds or reimbursement if you find the same fabric at a lower price in-store.
We will endeavour to supply all orders placed and accepted on the website, however, order placement and acceptance do not constitute an obligation on us to supply until you receive confirmation of your order from us.
There is no loyalty card system for our online store. Existing loyalty cards are exclusive to our bricks and mortar stores and stamps will not be issued for online purchases.
Online Gift Cards
- The Fabric Store Online gift cards are redeemable through the online store only and cannot be redeemed in any of our physical bricks and mortar stores.
- Gift cards can be used to purchase fabric samples, fabric meterage and to cover shipping costs where applicable.
- Gift cards can be used only once and no change will be given. If the purchase is less than the value of the gift card the remaining balance will become void.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift cards are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- The Fabric Store Online cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen gift cards and in the unlikely event that this occurs gift cards will not be replaced or refunded.
- The Fabric Store Online reserves the right to refuse to accept a gift card as payment where it reasonably suspects that the gift card may have been stolen or obtained in an illegal way.
- Gift cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and any remaining balance after expiry will become void.
Shipping Terms for Fabrics
Australia & U.S.A
We use DHL for deliveries into Australia and the U.S.A. If you are not at home during delivery, drivers have an ‘authority to leave’ if they can find a secure place (out of street view) in which to leave your parcel. If no secure place is found they will leave a card to call. Delivery times as follows:
Australia Metro: 2-3 Working Days
Australia Rural: 3-5 Working Days
USA Metro: 3-4 Working Days
USA Rural: 3-6 Working Days
We use NZ Couriers for deliveries within New Zealand. Signature is required and card to call will be left if no one is at home. Note we cannot deliver to PO Box numbers. Delivery times as follows:
North Island Metro: 1-2 Working Days
South Island: 2-3 Working Days
Rural Deliveries: 3-4 Working Days
Shipping Terms for Samples
New Zealand: Samples are sent via NZ Couriers and are subject to the same delivery terms & timeframes as for fabrics shipped.
Australia & U.S.A: Samples are sent via New Zealand standard post. Postage is not tracked, and may be subject to delays beyond our control. Approximate postage times as follows:
Australia: 3-8 Working Days
USA: 6-12 Working Days
We are permitting you a limited license to access and make personal use of the website. This license does not include any downloading or copying of information for yourself or a third party, caching, unauthorized hypertext links and the framing of any content available through this website. The intellectual property rights in all software and contents made available to you or through this website remain our property (and that our of licensors). You are not permitted to publicise, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce any of the content made available to you or through this website.
You must not misuse this website. You must not upload, post or transmit any unusually large or potentially disruptive material, content you do not have a right to make available (such as the intellectual property of another party), any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
While using this website, you must not commit or encourage any criminal offence; transmit or distribute any virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the website; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; send any SPAM, unsolicited advertising or promotional material; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this website. We may report any criminal activities and disclose your identity to the relevant enforcement agencies.
Disclaimer & Indemnity
Other than as required under applicable consumer protection laws, under no circumstance will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information or products obtained through the website or a linked website. You expressly understand and agree that we and our related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from use of the website, content or any related services.
You agree to indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, related companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, for or arising out of or related to your breach of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Prices - All prices are to be paid in New Zealand Dollars and include any GST (goods and services tax) payable under the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 unless explicitly stated otherwise. Currency converters are made available on the website for your ease of reference only and all sums will be charged in New Zealand Dollars. Any additional taxes or levies that are imposed due to your geographical location are your responsibility.
Governing Law - The laws of New Zealand govern these terms and conditions and the contractual relationship between us. We both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
Electronic Communication - You consent to receiving communications from us electronically and we consent to receiving communications from you electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website.
No Waiver - If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Severability - If any provision or part thereof of these terms and conditions becomes or is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, that provision or part thereof shall be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
Here at The Fabric Store, we respect our customers right to privacy and abide fully by the New Zealand Privacy Act. Please read our policy before submitting any personal information. By using our website, you are accepting our practices as outlined below:
- We collect personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses etc. only when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. This is used only for the purpose as defined at the time of collection, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner. Providing your information on our website will not result in unsolicited emails. We will never share your personal information with third parties.
- You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updated account information for accuracy and completeness.
- You are responsible for all actions taken with your username, email and password. We recommend you do not share such information with third parties.
- Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.